Thursday, August 02, 2012

Newspaper Bird Art Tutorial

As promised, here is a very short tutorial for the newspaper bird art that I featured in one of my past posts.

I had a credit left on Copious.com so I decided I might as well use it on something. Then I found this confetti, perfectly shaped to match my bird/nature theme, and I had to buy it! It was only about $2.50, I cant remember the exact amount. I had no idea what I was going to do with it but finally settled on this.

What you need:
-Double sided tape
-Bird confetti (see below)
-Picture frame
-Copy paper



Bought this on Copious.com, but you can also purchase something very similar on Etsy.com.


Basically all I did was take a sheet of paper, cut it to fit the frame (mine was 5 x 7) and then start lining them up. I used double sided tape to stick each separate bird on.

Then at the very end, as you can see in the first picture, I took a bird, traced it, cut it out, then using a yellow marker fill it in to make one accent yellow bird. You could really place it anywhere you wanted and fill it in with whatever color you want.

Put it in your frame and you're done! I know my tutorial doesn't have very many pictures but it's super easy so this should be helpful enough.