Friday, February 10, 2012

Project: New Wardrobe

Lately I have been obsessed with getting a new wardrobe for my junior year in highschool and starting fresh with my style.

I've always been into fashion--since the seventh grade--but I could never afford the clothing that I wanted to achieve my own personal style. So this time I'm planning it all out and being smart about it.

I'm thrifting all my old clothes that I no longer wear/like and the wearable, stylish clothing will be sold to Plato's Closet. In case you're wondering why I'm getting rid of my cute clothes, it's because I really want to start fresh. Meaning, if it's been worn dozens of times, it needs to go!

I'm hoping that the clothes I sell to Plato's Closet will be enough for me to add to my bank account and save up for a shopping spree. 

I've made a lot of progress already. I've sorted through my closet and now all that's in there is 66 clothing items that include basics, jeans, shorts, cardigans, shirts, blouses and skirts. It may sound like a lot but it really isn't. Most aren't appropriate for school.

The last thing I have done is bought new clothes to replace all my old ones that I'm getting rid of. A.K.A., a shopping spree.

Here's what I got:

(pictures removed due to copy right, this will be updated by August 10th with new pics)


These were all ordered from Yesstyle.com. I had an amazing experience ordering. I ordered on Saturday and it arrived on the following Tuesday! Can you believe it came from Hong Kong that quick?

I plan to make another large order from them over the summer when their Spring/Summer clothing is available. For now, I'm going to keep saving up to my goal for a new wardrobe for my junior year.

No comments: