Friday, October 01, 2010

Revived


photo credit
Usually I go to bed at around 12 am and wake up at 5:45.
Clearly, that isn't enough sleep. So last night I went to bed at 11 pm and woke up at around 6:00 am. Sure I could use more sleep then that, but for me, that was enough. I woke up feeling refreshed, energized, happy, and pretty. Immediately, I knew I was the old Minty from Junior High.

Getting more sleep helped a lot. I didn't have tired bags under my eyes, my eyes weren't small from tiredness, and my skin was more glowy than usual. I felt so confident! At school I talked to more guys, I actually participated at the pep rally and I didn't hide my face every time I yawned or laughed.
I felt amazing! Like I could conquer the world, nothing was going to stop me. One rude stare or whisper would not make me freak out. I'd ignore it completely, just like the old Me would. The low self-esteemed girl that posted a couple days ago isn't me. I felt like I was trapped in someone else's body. But now I'm back and couldn't be happier!