Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Track and Field

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them."  -John Fitzgerald Kennedy
 

agwired.com
Thanksgiving was a fail this year.

My mom had to work, my brother left to be with his friends and my sister and I stayed home. Maybe it wasn't a complete fail since my mom promised us that we'd get a Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday when she has no work.
That's what we always do.
It would be different, but my mom has to pay the bills. She can only do that if she works right? Right.

Today is Black Friday. In the United States that is the day after Thanksgiving when a ton of stores have HUGE sales. Stores open as early as 2 am and people stand outside the doors for hours waiting to get inside and shop. It's completely worth is since the deals are as low as 80% off! Some stores even offer more deals than that!
Anyway, I won't be shopping this year. We're low on cash and now is just not a good time.

I'm fine with it though. Besides school starting back, I'm pretty excited for next week. Track starts December 1st and even if I am nervous, I'm excited as well!

I'll write later.