Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thoughts #5- Size Doesn't Matter


This isn't going to be one of those typical stories telling you that you are perfect the way you are and that you shouldn't listen to what society thinks.

Because we all know that, and if you don't, you should.

This is me ranting. About how so many people think that skinny is unhealthy and that a "real woman" isn't thin. That it's okay to say "You need to eat!" to a thin person, and not think it's rude.


Just because we are thin doesn't mean we starve ourselves.
Just because we are thin, doesn't mean we have an eating disorder.
Just because we are thin, doesn't mean we are unhealthy.
And most importantly...
just because we are thin, does not mean we have easy lives and we don't have to worry about what we eat.

I'm 5"3 and 103 pounds.
My height is because my mother is short.
My weight is because I have a lot of muscle.

But never have I starved myself, made myself throw up, or taken laxatives. 
I may eat healthy, but that doesn't mean I'm always "dieting".

People assume things like that too easily. Some people are naturally skinny.
There is no such thing as "too skinny" if you are completely healthy.
I understand if someone is suffering from anorexia or some other disorder. But if the person is completely fine, let them be skinny!

There is a clear difference between an anorexic person and a normally thin person.
Anorexia
Naturally Thin

If people say size doesn't matter to girls with a bigger body, why doesn't it apply to girls with thinner bodies?

It makes me so angry when people say that thin girls are gross and unhealthy. What about the overweight or obese people who are at risk for many diseases?
Is that what I need to be to get everyone's approval?

People are too close minded and ignorant.

I refuse to change my lifestyle to meet other's standards. 
I love my healthy, naturally thin body and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: