Friday, December 24, 2010

My Best Moments of 2010


This year has gone by so fast. I can't believe it's about to be 2011!

It makes me go back to all the good times I had in 2010. All the wonderful things I was blessed with and got the opportunity to have. I want to share my first one with you...

Losing my house.
I really don't think I blogged about this, as I lost my house before I made this blog.

Losing my house was one of the hardest things I have ever had to deal with in my life. I was incredibly upset and shocked that we could no longer live in the place I called home. It's a feeling I never want to feel again.
You may ask "Why is this one of your best moments then?".
Well, it made me realize how blessed I am. It also lifted a huge weight off my shoulders.

Many people would look at this as a bad moment, but a little part of me is glad it happened. I sometimes look at this in the wrong way and I get angry that my life has turned out this way. When I lived in my old house, I was always worried. Always scared. I was always anxious about the day that we would just not be able to afford it anymore. When we'd have to give it up.
I never wanted to be in a position where I was homeless. That scared me more than anything.

When we finally left the house, I was worry free. I slept better than I had ever slept in five years.  I woke up with a feeling of freedom. Like I never had to worry about a thing ever again.
It made me cry to think about how horrible I felt when I was at that house. Now, I can live a great, peaceful life.

It made me stronger, happier, it made me a better person. I know realize how lucky I am. Now I can start over and make something good out of what has happened.

I'll never forget my old house, but this move, this step-up in life, will forever be one of the best moments of my life.

No comments: