Sunday, December 05, 2010

The Worst Feeling...

www.thedickinsonpress.com
Nervousness. I'm so nervous for track tomorrow. We have our first day of conditioning for the year. We have two weeks of conditioning and then we have Winter break for two weeks. Then it's back to one week of conditioning.
Soon after, it's try-outs.

Where I live, at my school, sports are very important to us. So they want the best of the best to be on each team. So of course (like most schools) there is a Varsity and Junior Varsity team for Track and Field. Tryouts determine which team and what event (Pole Vault, 4x100 relay, 200 Meter Sprint, etc...) is best for you.
Track is usually an open sport where anyone can join and events are chosen for you. But this year, in highschool, it's tryouts. It makes since though...
I don't want to get stuck on a bad team where everyone is really bad and I am better than them. (No cockiness intended.)

Regardless, our first day of conditioning is killing me. The day hasn't even started yet and I'm already dying of nerves! I just hope I can get along with everyone and do good at conditioning.

I'll keep you updated on all that happens. I have exams (mid terms) to study for and lots of homework to catch up on. So I won't post again until Tuesday.

No comments: