Saturday, January 15, 2011

Feeling Good

(This is an old post back from Dec. 30th that I never got around to posting. But I haven't been posting very often, so here ya' go.)


I just got done reading a truly touching blog today. 
Here's the link for anyone interested. 


The thing that really got me is that this woman has two sons, and both have a disorder called Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD). Everyday is a new day of worries for her. She doesn't know what to expect or what things will happen.

She can only hope for the best.

Now I know I'm only 15, so why am I worried right?
It's not that I'm afraid of having a child with a disorder, it's that I see how hard of a life she has.
Yet she remains positive, hopes for the best, and makes the best out of her situation.

I have problems in my life, just like everyone else. 
And if you've been reading my blog for a while, or you've seen some past posts, you'll know that I'm not good at dealing with my problems.

But I should feel lucky. I should be more grateful and happy with the way my life is.
Because it could have been way worse than it is now.

I always think to myself "I shouldn't have to live this way, no other girl my age lives this way"

But that's not true, and even if it is, this is my life. It doesn't have to be like everyone else's. 

I need to accept that my life isn't perfect.

I hope that one day I can look back and think 
"Wow, I can't believe I got through that...look at me now."


No comments: