Sunday, January 30, 2011

Thoughts #7- Change


After posting my recent Quote Friday, it got me to thinking about my life and what's next. 

Am I going to be happy? Will I have the same friends as I do now? How will I see myself a year from now?

I can only wait for the answers to those questions. 

One of the things I fear the most in life would have to be change
I fear that if I let things go out of control, or out of my control, I will not be able to live with myself.
I cannot imagine doing one thing wrong and regretting it for the rest of my life. 

When things are going well--like right now--I want it to stay that way.
The thought of it changing scares me.
It's a fifty-fifty chance that something will go wrong...and most of the time, it does.

I know, I know; "change is good"
But to me, change is bad. If I like things the way they are and if I like how things are going, is it fair for it to change to something I would never want? 

All I know is that I'm satisfied with my life at the moment and the only changes I want are minor, but good changes.

Unfortunately, I don't get to control it.

No comments: