Wednesday, November 16, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Day 16

Just keep going.
Image: sweetonveg / flickr.com
Something you recently did that you are very proud of.

Just this Monday tryouts for track started and I was very out of shape.

Basically, 100% not mentally or physically ready for it.

Our workout was three 200 meter dashes, simple enough right? Later in the year I'll look back and see how easy it was.

Anyway, I was really out of shape and I also haven't been eating enough or eating right. I was dehydrated and sleep deprived.

By the second 200 I felt really sick and thought I was going to pass out or throw up. I told my coach I wasn't feeling good and he told me to walk a lap instead.

After I walked a lap I joined the rest of the team and ran strides across the field. I was not about to give up that easily. I felt a lot better now that I had my breathing under control and wasn't feeling like I was about to throw up.

I quickly got my sh*t together after practice yesterday. I went shopping for more healthy eating/snacking options and caught up on my hydration--I drank a lot of water.

Then the next morning (this morning) I ate a lot of fruit (pineapples, bananas, cherries...) along with orange juice. I also ate all of my lunch at school instead of eating just snacks.

I also made sure to drink more water throughout the day.

At practice, I felt amazing. Yeah, I was sore and out of breath after 10 laps but I never felt sick or dizzy and it was super hot.

I'm very, very proud of myself. Not only for going back to complete those strides on Monday but also for treating my body better and doing what I knew I should have been doing all along--treating my body right.